And the full trailer is here. Watch the full 2 minute trailer for Shane Black's Iron Man 3 after the jump.
In Marvel's "Iron Man 3", brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr., is pitted against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Iron Man 3 continues the epic adventures of "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2", starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, "Iron Man 3" is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel's iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of "Tales of Suspense" (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with "The Invincible Iron Man" (#1) in May of 1968.
So here are some of my thoughts and theories:
1. If it is true that somebody will die. I'll put my vote for Pepper. Her hints of leaving the franchise is also taken into the consideration for this theory.
2. JARVIS is compromised possibly by either the Extremis virus or some reprogramming by the Mandarin himself. Now if it is the Extremis, it is possible that JARVIS will be destroyed completely.
3. With JARVIS destroyed, Tony needs a new AI and my theory again is Tony will create a new Artificial intelligence based on Pepper. With this arrangement Gwyneth Paltrow can either completely exit the franchise or still stay as a voice actor for the AI. At least she don't need to be physically present on set.
4. Still no hints of another armor other than War machine Mark 2 (Iron Patriot) and Mark XLVII.
5. Mandarin's voice is creepy but somehow the gun makes her less menacing. (IMHO)
6. Is it just me or do I see Hulk walking on one scene?
Either way, this trailer looks good. And it is indeed very different from the first 2 movies. And it looks like it is as big as the Avengers. Good to know that the Phase 2 is having a good start and Shane Black is giving a good first impression. Looking forward for more footage and marketing materials.
Opening in Philippine cinemas on April 24, 2013 from Marvel Studios to be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures.